“My problem is that I have ripped Blurays to MKV files using Handbrake but when I try to play these MKV files on XBMC then I sometimes get sound but no video. Once in a while I will get both. ”
Issues of enjoying movies on XBMC media player?
Xbmc Movie Download
XBMC has been the most popular media player that can be used to build a home theater system which enable media sharing among all of our digital devices. While as the questions asked above, sometimes it is common to meet some problems when importing videos to XBMC player. So today here we are going to solving the issues of watching MKV files smoothly on XBMC player.
Why cannot MKV be accepted by XBMC?
- It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters.
- Xbmc mkv 3d Tomer. 12:36:24 T:3732 M: NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601.
- Hi, I upgraded to iOS 4.3 last night on the ATV2. I use an iomega iconnect to allow XBMC to connect to my media on a western digital USB via samba share over the network. I have many of my movies in.MKV format so I can get full Dolby 5.1 when watching them on the ATV. In the previous version of XBMC (from iOS 4.2.1 untethered boot), I was able to play MKV moview. In the new version, accessing.
I've installed XBMC but only one MKV is playing correctly so far. The other 4 I've created are all stuttering terribly (maybe 15 FPS) if I turn off video acceleration, which I had to do to eliminate a pulsing macroblocking. I transferred a couple to my 2TB external drive and plugged it into my 4 year old i3 laptop and they're playing flawlessly.
In fact, XBMC allows users to play MKV files, but the condition is not that stable. Whether we can play MKV on XBMC or not, it mainly depends on the video/audio codec included in the MKV video. Just as the same situation like MKV cannot also played on Xbox or VLC, etc.
XBMC Supported Video or Audio Format:
- Container formats: AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), ASF, QuickTime, M4A, AAC, etc.
- Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4SP, H.263, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), WMV, VC-1, RealVideo, SP , ASP, etc.
- Audio formats: CDDA, WAV/WAVE, PCM, AIFF, OGG, WMA, AC3, FLAC, AAC, etc.
How to make MKV smoothly played on XBMC player?
In order to play MKV files successfully on XBMC, we need a professional MKV to XBMC converter to help us watch MKV on Windows or Mac nicely. In this way, we all think the Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/Mac can be the best choice. Easy operation and faster conversion speed you won’t be disappointed.
Steps on converting MKV files for watching on XBMC:
Step 1. Free download the professional MKV to XBMC converter, install and run it, the following interface will pop up. Then just load the original files with ‘Add video’ or ‘Add from folder’.
Step 2. Solarwinds engineers toolset v11 keygen. When you step into the output list, here we suggest you to select the ‘HD Video’>>’H.264 HD Video (*.mp4) or ‘WMV HD Video(*.wmv)’ as the suitable ones for XBMC player.
Notes: Especially for this container format MKV, someone may wanna change the multiple audios such like the FLAC 5.1 to AAC/AC3 5.1, this program do the audio conversion well.
Step 3.Optional functions: Click the “Settings” beside the format bar to adjust your parameters is allow you to enjoy a better viewing quality. Before go to the conversion, you can click this “Edit” to do some personal edits on your raw videos. This saves you from the troubles which you have to reload them to editors.
Only several steps we should go through above and finally, go back to the main interface, it’s time to hit the ‘Convert’ icon to wait for our output videos. With this professional MKV converter, no worries on watching MKV movies on XBMC player anymore!