ReShade is a customizable plugin that allows you to add post-processing graphical effects (like ambient occlusion and color correction) to games that don't support those options by default -- including Skyrim or PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. Mac os x dmg file. Many players have used this software with great success. But others are running into trouble with it -- especially when they try to uninstall ReShade.
In this short guide, we're going to go over what this third-party software can add to your games, and how you can uninstall it if you decide that it simply isn't right for you.
Uninstall NMM, delete any leftover folders (it keeps an extra copy of every mod, I think?), delete everything in your Fallout 4 folder, reinstall the game, then install MO2, take a few minutes to learn it, and never have to go through trouble to 'start fresh', just right click, uncheck all. Setting the right load order for your TES IV: Oblivion, TES V: Skyrim, TES V: Skyrim Special Edition, TES V: Skyrim VR, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 VR mods is a crucial step to enjoying a stable modded game. The Load Order Optimisation Tool (LOOT) can help with that, by providing automated load order sorting that's.
What Does ReShade Do?
You can use ReShade to achieve some pretty stunning visuals in your games, and the software gives you total control over a number of settings that will let you tweak the graphics of your favorite games to your precise specifications.
Below is a comparison image that shows what a different ReShade can make in a game like Grand Theft Auto V:
However, using ReShade does have a few drawbacks. The biggest issue is the performance hit your PC will take, as ReShade can add quite a bit of strain to your GPU. There's also the sad truth that any third-party modification to a game is bound to cause issues -- whether it's due to software incompatibilities, a lack of dev support for mods, or some other reason.
If you decide that ReShade simply isn't sustainable with your rig or is causing too many problems with your games, you can uninstall it. But the process for doing so isn't very obvious like it is with other programs. Going through the normal uninstall routines of other programs might not necessarily work here. But there's one method that's a surefire way to completely remove ReShade from your PC.
Fallout 4 Remove Mods From Save
How to Uninstall Reshade
ReShade may seem pretty intimidating to uninstall, especially if you installed it manually. But doing so is as simple as removing the files it added to your game directory -- specifically, the .dll file and the associated .ini file.
To access these files, you'll need to go to each game's directory until you see something that looks like this:
Once you've navigated to the right folder, the filenames you'll see depend on which graphics API you selected when you installed ReShade.
Here's a list of all their names:
- d3d8.dll & d3d8.ini
- d3d9.dll & d3d9.ini
- dxgi.dll & dxgi.ini
- opengl32.dll & opengl32.ini
Hunt down these files and delete them to remove ReShade from any game.You'll also want to trash the reshade-shaders folder if you downloaded any shaders.
If you follow these steps for a Steam game, make sure you verify the game files afterwards so that you can restore anything that was lost upon installing this program in the first place.
After that, your game should be ReShade free!
If you don't want to uninstall Reshade entirely, but do want to improve how it performs with your game, check out our guide to using ReShade with all your favorite games for any tips and tricks you might need.
Fallout 4 Remove Mods From Library
You can uninstall Fallout 4 mod by following the process below:
- Open Fallout 4 and select Mods from the main menu.
- Find the mod you wish to uninstall in your Library.
- Select the mod you wish to uninstall and select Delete.
- If desired, you can simply disable the mod from here as well.
Note: User experience may vary when playing with mods. If you select to download and use mods, you do so at your own risk. Mods are 'Game Mods' as described in our Terms of Service. Your download of a Game Mod is subject to our Terms of Service, including Section 2.D.
Alternately, if you need to manually uninstall mods, you have two options.
Fallout 4 Uninstall Mods Xbox One
- Go to the 'Mods' section on Bethesda.net, click on the 'My Mods' tab and you can manage your mod subscriptions here by checking/unchecking the box.
- If you don't want to unsubscribe, but want to see if a mod is creating an issue or you are experiencing a technical issue possibly related to mods is to temporarily remove them from your game. The following steps will guide you through how to remove mods from your game.
- C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFallout 4
- Navigate to the following: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFallout 4
- Move the 'Mods' and 'Data' folder to your desktop
- Relaunch Fallout 4 and your mods should be removed.
- To return your mods, add these folders/files back into your Fallout 4 directory to test which one may be causing the issue.