A Water heater is a perfect solution for those times when you need instant hot water. They work by super heating mains water and storing it for whenever it is needed. It is faster than a kettle and you only use what you need. With a range of power and storage options, our electric water heaters range is supplied by leading brands trusted by the. How to diagnose and repair a faulty atmospherically-vented, gas-fired water heater. Common problems and how to fix them. Example tank is a John Wood 40 gallo. 7,3 kW 230V Instant Water Heater Dafi In-Line Under Sink NEW! The DAFI Instantaneous Electric Water Heater is a compact, energy-saving and convenient solution to providing instant hot water to any point in a building. The Dafi heater is an excellent idea – only using power to heat the water when you need it. Being so close to the tap from which the water flows, you get hot water almost immediately – quicker than the hot water produced by my gas boiler. If you need the water to be hotter, decrease the water flow, as you would in a shower.
NOTES ON INSTALLATION OF DAFI WATER HEATERS
DAFI energy saving water heaters can be installed above, or under your basin or sink. Shower installations are also possible, but never inside the shower cubicle. Installation of your water heater in the ceiling or behind the wall, or in a cupboard next to the shower should be
DAFI water heater Installation Requirements:
- DAFI water heaters must be installed as close to the point of use as possible to minimise pipeline heat loss.
- Water pressure must not be less than 60kPa (0.6 bar) and not exceed 600kPa (6bar). If water pressure is too high, a pressure reducing valve must be installed.
- Water quality e.g. mains supply, borehole, river etc. Should water quality be suspect, a filter must be installed.
- Single phase or 3 phase power supply with own isolator switch must be available as close as possible to point of usage.
DAFI water heater Installation Procedure:
Installing the DAFI energy saving water heater is not complicated, but it needs to installed by a professional plumber and electrician for problem-free operation.
- To be undertaken by a qualified Plumber
- Incoming water supply should be clean and without any suspended solids or organic materials.
- The 'static' incoming cold water supply pressure to be accurately measured to ascertain operating conditions.
- The maximum operating pressure of all DAFI Heater models is 600 kPa (6 Bar).
- A suitable Pressure Reducing Valve is to be installed before the heater unit, should this 600 kPa limit be exceeded.
- Heater manifold nut assembly must only to be tightened with the spanner supplied in each box.
- All air to be vented from the heater unit prior to connecting the 230 volt or 400 volt 50 Hz power supply.
- A cut-off valve should be installed on the water inlet line to the DAFI heater.
- All heater units for under sink installation can be installed at any angle.
- Installing a composite pipe from your DAFI water heater to the point of usage will further reduce heat loss and save more energy.
- For optimum performance enhancement Spray Nozzle provided should be attached to tap. For models 3.7 kW & 4.5 kW
- Spray Nozzle is highly recomended. Spray Nozzle spread water and rise pressure of hot water.
- Beware of over tightening , use plastic key provided. Do not use metal spanner!
- For performance see table FT - flow/temperature
1.Each installation is indywidual. Performance of Dafi Heater depends on: voltage drop, temperature of cold water, pressure , type of taps, distance of instalation from point of use, etc. Selection of right power should be done by experienced and competent trade person.
2. Before you buy check if obtained flow corresponds to your demands.
To be undertaken by a qualified Electrician.
1. Each heater unit is to be wired to the Distribution Board via the existing Earth Leakage System.
Minimum 3 core cable sizes*
- 2.5mm² for 3.7 kW & 4.5kW (230V)
- 4 mm² or 2x2.5mm²(ring) for 5.5 kW & 7.3kW - (230V)
- 2.5mm² for 7.5kW these models is two phase no neutral -(400V)
- 4 mm² 9 kW & 11kW these models are two phase no neutral -(400V)
*size of cable need to be confirmed with installation method and voltage drop
2. Models 7.5 kW - 11kW are non-domestic unles three phase supply system in property.
Any combination of two phases no neutral (eg brown/black=400V).
3. A dedicated suitably sized breaker to be installed on the Distribution Board for each heater unit.
4. A suitable sized 2 pole electric isolator (not fuse spur) to be installed.
5. Sad satan game download. DAFI heater units are not to be connected to the electrical supply by standard BS 1363 wall plug.
Instructions for first use:
1) before connecting the DAFI heater into electrical grid water must flow through the heating element for approx 1 min.
It must be done by turning the hot water knob on. (pic. 1,2)
2) the unit is now ready to be connected to electricity, provided the above mentioned action has been performed. (pic. 3)
Instructions for use in case of water shortages:
1) disconnect the heater from electrical grid
2) before reconecting the DAFI heater into electrical grid water must flow through the heating element for approx 1 min.
It must be done by turning the hot water knob on. (pic. 1,2)
3) the unit is now ready to be reconnected to electricity, provided the above mentioned action has been performed. (pic. 3)
DAFI WATER HEATER - In-Line model
DAFI WATER HEATER - Flexible model
Great Special Offer - Cold Room
This Coldroom is Brand New and unused - it only has a few minor imperfections
- 2400 wide x 2400 long x 2400 high
- 80 mm DV40 polyurethane insulation with 0.5 PPGI cladding
- Plastic coated panels for transit
- 900 mm wide x 2000 high doors
- Conduit for Light switch moulded into panel with switch point
- No floor
- Angle trims, pop rivets and sealer provided
Special Price R 18 000.00 plus VAT (R20 700 incl VAT)
(Normal Price R 23 655.00 plus VAT) (27 203.25 incl VAT)
Available Kloof, KZN - Excludes shipping
Add a wifi enabled CoolBot Pro for only R7900 including VAT
For more information about our products please complete our enquiry form
Control your Cold Room Remotely with the CoolBot Pro
Imagine not having to travel to site to check that your coldroom is working.
Manage the temperature of your coldroom simply by doing the following:
Water Heater Prices
- Access the CoolBot Pro App on your mobile phone
- Go to the Status page and press edit
- Set the desired temperature by moving the slider
- Press SAVE and you are done!
Dafi Water Heater Troubleshooting Ao Smith
Water Heater Replacement
The CoolBot helps customers save by utilizing the cooling power of a standard air-conditioner to drop the room temperature as low as 1°C, without freezing the air-conditioning fins.
What is required to develop this cooling system?
- An insulated room
- A standard window or minisplit air conditioner
- A CoolBot controller