Today when I run an old tool on my x64 Windows 7, following error message is displayed:
Join or Log Into Facebook Email or Phone. Any video converter full version download utorrent. Find answers to Cannot register comdlg32.ocx from the expert community at Experts Exchange.
Component ‘COMDLG32.OCX’ or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Here is how to resolve comdlg32.ocx missing error.
- To register a ocx file, open a command prompt window as an administrator, type the following and hit Enter: regsvr32 “path & filename of ocx“ Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.
- I need the COMDLG32.OCx to install somthing but it's missing. I looked it up but it only shows how to do it for XP, 2000, and 98 I put it in Windows system folder but then I have to register it and the command they give me to put in the RUN dosn't work. Can you help me out.:confused: Thanks.
- Solution 1: Re-register the File. If the ‘comdlg32.ocx’ file on your computer has gone missing or corrupt, the best thing you can do is to download a working file and re-register using Command Prompt.
- Download comdlg32.zip and extract comdlg32.ocx from zip file
- Move comdlg32.ocx to c:Windowssystem32 folder. For 64bit Vista/Win7, move comdlg32.ocx to c:WindowsSysWOW64
- Open a command line window and run following command:
Note: a) On 64bit Vista/Win7, run this command instead:
b) For Vista/Win7 with UAC turn on, the above command needs to be run from elevated command prompt.
- Once comdlg32 is registered successfully, following message will prompt, DllRegisterServer in C:WINDOWSSystem32comdlg32.ocx succeeded.
- Now launch the application again you should not see file missing error.
Update: Important note if you use Windows 7: registering comdlg32.ocx must be done as administrator, or regsvr32.exe will fail with error 0x8002801c. To do this as administrator, Go to All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt’, right click on ‘Command Prompt’ icon, and click on ‘Run as administrator’ to start a command prompt, then run the regsvr32 command